Monday 2 November 2009

Velica

I have illustrated comics off and on for a while now. When I lived in Seattle, I started an early exploritory launch of my comic called ShadowWing. A good friend of mine got in touch with me and asked if I had any comic ideas and/or series that I would like printed. The printing company just wanted to show off their print facilities and thought printing comics for the 2005 Emerald City Comic Convention would be the ideal place to show off what they could do. So, I decided to put forth my comic idea of ShadowWing, a kick ass vigilante on the hunt for her father's killer. I made the deadline to have the comic printed, but I couldn't be present for the launch since I needed to be in Las Vegas for my work. When I returned from my trip, my good friend Ron McCain (former DC inker) filled me in. He said that the books flew off the table. And that they also printed this 3 meter standie with my character on it. I was blown away.

Since that time, I have worked on the new comic series, now called Velica, in the UK. Since Issue 1 launched in 2008, this book has been seeing a steady uptick in growth. I have been encouraged by my friends and family who believe in this project and I am grateful for their support. It hasn't been an easy road, but one that is well worth the travel.

Through continued partnerships with Events, e-Communications pieces (e-newsletters, e-cards), social networking (Facebook, Myspace, Twitter) and e-Publishers (myebook, and my own interface). This book is fueled with love, sweat and tears and is made for the fans.

Velica
Velica on Twitter
Velica on Facebook
Velica on Myspace
Velica on Friendfeed

There is much more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment